nostalgia research paper
+18

Categories

write examnarrative writingstrengths weaknessesgood governancethesis caseyoung generationthesis analyticalpages longthesis controllatin americanpage thesisthesis proposallong shoulduses computersamuel johnsonthesis energyessay believehonor essayessay historicalwrite mailodysseus herotables homeworksoal jawabanthesis diseasehelp onlineessay battlereference websitejohn updikeschool helpessay societysoal bahasa20th centuryessay listfavourite animalwrite equationsessay chinawhere livecall centeressay coloressay presentdesign writehealthy life
Player

Case study of solid waste management in india

More information
Home Issues 8. Increasingly, sanitation issues are becoming a central part of global environmental governance and the discourse on sustainability. The city of Bangalore, India, is one of many cities worldwide that is trying to come to terms with its solid waste management SWM problems. In , the Government of India issued SWM handling rules, which is a non-binding handbook MSW Rules that seeks to guide state and city municipalities and stakeholders in their efforts to deliver better services. A serious SWM crisis prompted Bangalore to be the first city in India to mandate segregation of waste at source.

Waste management

Case study of solid waste management in india
Case study of solid waste management in india
Case study of solid waste management in india

Case study on: Ganga water pollution

Municipal solid waste generation and disposal is a problem not only in India but all over the world. Presently majority of such waste is being dumped indiscriminately over vacant lands causing problems of odor, methane generation leading to air pollution, leaching effect polluting ground water and runoff polluting water bodies. Technological options are available to treat this solid waste and convert it into usable products but the biggest problem is its segregation preferably at the source of generation or even at the disposal area. Municipal solid waste generated in India consists of 15 percent non biodegradable which has high calorific contents and can be converted into power generation. Remaining 85 percent is degradable which can either be converted into compost or bio fuels. Under the present context, sustainable municipal waste management strategy needs to be evolved and put in place with effective implementation to address the issue of environmental pollution. An attempt has therefore been made by the authors of the present paper to take up a case study of Kanpur, India for managing such wastes having sustainable approach.

High-level radioactive waste management

Location of library entry. The Kochi module reflects the best practices on source segregation of waste as exemplified by the Kochi Municipal Corporation. The case study shows how source segregation, composting, stringent legal system coupled with multi-stakeholder participation leads to effective waste managemnet in urban places which are devoid of adequate landfill spaces. The Panaji module explains how the vision of a city for attaining zero landfilling has been successfully translated into reality by the Corporation of the City of Panaji. The entire city segregates waste into a minimum of 6 fractions.
The well managed successful waste management programme increases the health and environmental quality of the country. This survey examines the status of Solid Waste management at metropolitan city, Chennai, Tamil Nadu Koyambedu market and Madhavaram poultry farms. This survey is helpful for the people to make awareness about waste management. A pretested and self-administered questionnaire was used for primary data collection covering peoples which were selected randomly. Data were analyzed according to the descriptive statistics.
6 comment    
Jose C.

21.04.2021 22:10:37 Jose C.:

In fact, i have ordered my papers a day back.

Ed H.

25.04.2021 0:39:14 Ed H.:

Realized many mistakes that I used to do.

George M.

27.04.2021 7:13:46 George M.:

Instructor has a lot of knowledge.

Paul P.

28.04.2021 19:19:00 Paul P.:

To be more concrete, the term paper I got exactly on time was great.

Albert T. C. R.

29.04.2021 20:30:21 Albert T. C. R.:

Full of interesting and useful insights.

Zurdo M. M.

30.04.2021 23:42:49 Zurdo M. M.:

I must say that ProPaperWritings has pleasantly surprised me with the level of professionalism and customer service that they offer to their clients.

View less

Top of the week

bluepalms.info
At Home Respond RSS